Monday, May 01, 2006

Return to Australia

I've just returned from a two week visit to China and Hong Kong. The trip was a real challenge of faith, since even a week before I was to go, my health status was still not up to par. Right up to the days before I was to leave, I was believing the Lord for a major turnaround in my health. And on Good Friday, I had begun to notice a major change for the better. While I was away in China, I continued to see great improvements in my health, allowing me to enjoy the trip to the full. And now, upon my return, I can give testimony to the wonderful grace of the Lord: For all intents, I'm now experiencing 100% health.

There are three major symptoms that I've held up to the Lord all along:
  1. My appetite and capacity to eat.
  2. My energy levels (i.e. general feeling of health).
  3. The status of pain.
The first two have seen a major turnaround. My appetite, for example, has almost returned to normal (although this can just be seen as a result of ending the chemotherapy). The big evidence of a change, though, is in my capacity to eat. I can now eat about 2/3 of the meal size I could handle before the cancer. If you had seen the photographs of the size of my stomach (from the gastroscopy) you would realise just what a miracle this is - the tumour in my stomach had essentially reduced my stomach to a fraction of its previous size, so for me to be able to enjoy a full course meal is a genuine miracle.

The last item on my symptom list still remains, although the pain is being managed well. And so the total elimination of pain is now a primary focus of my faith.

I believe that in April I turned a major corner in the healing process the Lord is bringing in my life. At the moment, the evidence is just symptomatic, but I cannot tell you what a difference it is to feel "healthy." As soon as the third symptom, pain, sees a change, I'll organise a scan to confirm the objective status of my healing.

5 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David,

My wife and I are very fond of may of the Psalms or as I say prayers
Psalm:121 is one of my favorites.

We`re glad to hear the encouraging news about you and your health as you know Jesus is the great Physician.

We will continue to pray for your every need.

In His precious name,

Love Brad and Carol

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David it is wonderful to know that you have been doing well and was able to enjoy your meal!
You are in our prayer!

Love from Peter & Kerry Tam

 
At 2:10 pm, Blogger Terrisa said...

Dear David
It is so great that you can eat and that your health is good, you are so faithful even in this time, you are an inspiration. Keep on trusting God He will deliver you

 
At 6:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,

WOW! How amazing that u felt BETTER in health in China than here! Not a lot of ppl who've been to CHina (esp for short trips) can say that =P

Did u sing Psalm 121 in Mandarin??! I really love that song, it also reminds me of "Still" in some ways..

Find rest, my soul,
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood,
I will be still
And know You are God.

PS.. i don't think u'd remember me, but i'm in the 2G congregation of NLEC, you did a few training session s for us youth leaders last year. =)

Be praying for u and your family as God takes you through this..

Lilian

 
At 7:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David,
It is such great news to hear that your health has improved and that you are able to eat more and that your energy level has improved.You and your family are in our prayers!

We are praying that our Lord continues to sustain you and heal you!!!

With Christian Love greetings
to you and your family,

Sincerely in Christ,
Dee&David Jobes
"Numbers 6:24,25,26"

p.s. Your great Love for Our Lord Jesus Christ and Faith in Him is such a Powerful testimony and a Beautiful blessing to behold!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home