Monday, July 03, 2006

An Answer to Prayer

As I shared in my last post, "A Call to Prayer", my family and I are currently pressing through in prayer to see my healing finalised -- sooner rather than later.

One of the mini-milestones was this last Sunday (July 2). Over the last couple of weeks, my health had noticeably deteriorated, and the previous Sunday (June 25), I was unable to fulfil my morning preaching slot. Instead, I had to spend the entire day in bed, the last place I wanted to be. Not only that, but come evening, my health still hadn't recovered enough to make it to the evening service. Not good.

So I was really looking to the Lord for divine intervention for yesterday. For me, this was a big deal. I was slated to preach in both the morning and the evening, and so I was lifting this before the Lord in earnest prayer. Come yesterday, however, I was still not all that well, but unlike the previous Sunday I was at least able to get up, and so I took the step of faith and arrived at church Sunday morning, ready to preach. And the Lord answered my prayer in a wonderful way. I was able to minister, and minister well, in both the morning and evening services.

Not only that, but even when I've successfully ministered on previous Sundays, this has usually knocked me out. I've often had to take all Monday, and sometimes even Tuesday too, to recover. But this Sunday was different. After each service yesterday, I didn't feel drained at all. And come today, I was bouncing back without any major negative symptoms at all.

Small step, true, but it's an important one for me.

I really appreciate you joining me in prayer for this. Thank you for your compassion, your faith and your stand with me at this time. This last two days have been very positive. Still experiencing pain, and some nausea at times, but each time we pray, it lifts. And so I continue to look to the Lord for the completion of the healing. I'm really looking forward to perfect health, and I'm asking for nothing less.

Yours in the wonder of His love and grace,

David

4 Comments:

At 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for last Sunday and the many Sundays to come. Every day is a good day because of Him.

 
At 11:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!Dear brother.
'Always believe for a miracle from God" I was healed and made well in few occassions once paralyse, having major operation and passed out but he raise me up and put me on my feet again, till today after more than ten years I am well and serving God. If He can healed me, He can heal you to. So continue to look to Him! Miracles is on the way!

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger David A.Collins said...

Thanks for both of those wonderful encouragements! DC

 
At 1:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brother David,
I am soglad you had a great day. I pray God is going to continue to bless the people around you with your service.
You are real example and encouragment for me!
God bless you
Paolo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home