Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Experience of Vertigo

Over the last few days (since Monday), I've been experiencing acute vertigo. If I shift my head to either side, but particularly to the right, or if I tilt my head back, the world suddenly seems to spin violently, and I feel extremely nauseous. Dr Sook Lin Lee, my family doctor, made a home visit tonight, and she was able to diagnose it as "benign paroxysmal positional vertigo" (click here if you want more details on this condition).

Apparently the condition will clear itself up in the next few days, although it means I have to be careful walking, and can't drive at the moment. I'm taking a positive stand on this. As far as I'm concerned, these are just the throes of an enemy who knows he's defeated. PTL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home