Friday, August 04, 2006

Testimony to God's Amazing Grace

As you will be aware from my previous post, I was admitted to hospital (despite my earnest desire to avoid it at all costs!) a week ago today. As it turned out, the reason was that I had been trialing a new liquid laxative (anyone who has had experience with stomach or bowel cancer knows that constipation is a major difficulty, and this is further compounded by the constipative side-effects of analgesics such as oxycontin and endone).

Well, I had a severely bad reaction to the laxative -- serious inflamation of the bowels -- and this is what sent me to hospital in quite excruciating pain and feverish discomfort. But this time was different from the previous two admissions - I had a quiet confidence that God was with me and I knew that He would pull me through.

And this is exactly what happened. X-rays revealed that the obstruction and inflamation, while serious, didn't require surgical intervention (which was my primary concern), and so I simply fasted until the blockage was resolved naturally. Within three days, I was on my feet again and ready to return home.

I'm so grateful to the Lord's help during this trying time. His grace truly is amazing, as the song goes, and my heart overflows with gratitude to him. After all, I deserve nothing (isn't that the meaning of "grace"?), and yet the Lord loves me and ministers to me all the same.

I also want to share some other good news. Last week I underwent another CT scan and blood tests. Both came back with good results. The cancer hasn't spread to other organs in my body (one concern was that it may have spread to my brain), and although my upper colon now shows some thickening of the walls (previously it was just my stomach), the cancer has advanced hardly at all.

On top of this, I just had some blood tests done. My doctor was concerned that, due to poor digestion in my stomach, I may not be getting vitamin B12, and may also be deficient in other nutrients/minerals/trace elements. If so, I would need to get regular B12 injections. However, my blood test shows that everything is completely normal...even iron and B12! My liver functions are excellent, cholestrol is perfect, even my blood pressure is exemplary! In fact, if it weren't for the cancer, I'd be fit as a fiddle!

The real credit for all of this goes to God's praying people. Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer. I'm looking forward to sharing even better news in the near future!



*** Join the Prayer Firewall team!
*** Write to prayerfirewall@gmail.com

3 Comments:

At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David
We are very glad & praise God for the good news ---- the CT scan & blood tests results have been good and encouraging !
May the Lord continue to heal you & shower His Blessings upon you as you put your entire trust & faith in Him & Him alone! Amen.

 
At 1:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,
Great to hear from you again, our God is great and mighty. Oh ... Vitamin B12 ... go Vegiemite! Not sure if you're having it for breakfast, lunch and tea. Hehe. Praise the Lord.

 
At 6:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better believe you are on many peoples' hearts. You are much loved David.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home